Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"It's Broke"

An exchange between me and Isaac, in the car, during our journey through Mordor (or from Hoover to Gardendale if you want to be more geographically correct and less dramatic):

Me (in aside to myself): I knew that I should not have given you that tiny package of graham crackers that you spied with your laser cat eyes. See…now you have consumed the entire graham cracker ration, just as I feared, and are screaming for more. I don’t have more “cackers” nor any of the “Water! Water!” that you are trying to convince me is needed to avoid some sort of cracker induced medical crisis.

Isaac: CACKER!!!!!! WATER!!!!!!!!!! CACKER!!!!!!!! ***kicks seat, flails arms like the wacky inflatable arm flailing man, hurls Monkey and Dog toward the windshield with 90's crash test dummy flair.***

Me: Why don’t we turn the radio off and sing a little song?

Isaac: Glares

Me (in my customary well-meaning yet execrably off-key rendering): Can you tell me how to get…how to get to SESAME STREET?! Sunny Days…chasing the… clouds away…

Isaac (in perfect deadpan, pointing to the radio): It’s broke.

Me: (Turns radio back on)

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha! I am soooo tired of hearing "cracka" from Bella... please God, make another snack!!!

    ReplyDelete